This month's Crossfit Arise Athlete of the Month has been with us for 5 years and she's making progress everyday. Chest to bar pull ups in the open? Yes, this girl, Angela Grenier!
1. When and where did you start Crossfitting? What made you want to start? I started crossfit at Arise 5 years ago. I started when Cooper was 12 weeks old. I wanted get back in shape after having two babies (21 months a part...crazy!) I wanted to make the commitment to myself to be healthy.
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
I don’t think I’ll be able to walk tomorrow!
3. What do you like most about Crossfit?
I LOVE our crossfit community here at Arise, I’m inspired daily by all the athletes. I also like that it pushes me out of my comfort zone and I’m able to do things I never would have attempted in a regular gym on my own.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud?
There’s so many! Pull ups, PR on my clean in the open, finally being able to sting some dubs together
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
I don’t know that I have a favorite definitely have a least favorite...wallballs!
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
Favorite wod Murph
Least favorite Karen
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
Better at dubs and to get over my fear of rope climbs and handstands and faster/better at rowing
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I try and follow RP as much as I can
Cheat day...breakfast-donuts lunch- tacos dinner pizza dessert ice cream sundae
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
When I’m not at CFA I’m with my family
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
I can’t hear, really if you ever say something and I don’t respond it’s not because I’m ignoring you, I really didn’t hear you. I have hearing aids but don’t wear them to the gym
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
I look forward to going to the gym everyday because I get to workout with all of you. It’s such a positive environment and we’re all working towards a common goal..stronger, faster, better for ourselves. I also love that my kids are inspired by all of us, they both can’t wait to grow up and be able to do Murph with us.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
Don’t give up or be intimidated we were all new once, keep coming back! And there’s nothing wrong with scaling a wod.