Summer is coming to and end, but it's still August, so here is this month's CFA Athlete of the Month. He's tall. He's lean. He's a 5 day a week Crossfitting machine. He's Cody Grosskopf.
1. When and where did you start Crossfitting? What made you want to start? I started at CrossFit Arise.
I left this off the form during sign up but I started due to lower back pain. After about 6 months of CrossFit, I have absolutely no lower back pain.
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
During my first WOD, I had a small ankle sprain during box jumps and I remember being angry that I would be out for a few weeks.
3. What do you like most about Crossfit?
Waking up the next morning, especially weight lifting, I generally wake up before my alarm goes off feeling refreshed.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud? Showing up 5 days a week.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
Favorite: Full clean/squats
Least Favorite: push ups/burpees
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
I can’t think of any by name but favorite would be anything that makes me feel like I can’t move the next day.
Least favorite would be that WOD where I hung on a bar for 4 or 5 minutes.
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
Feeling like I actually completed, with perfect form, one single WOD.
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
No fancy diet regimen, just eat whatever is in front of me and I can’t seem to gain any weight, stuck at 195 for years now.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
Chasing around my 3 beautiful little girls.
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
Hmm...I can move my ears. Not very exciting, but I spent all of my 8th grade Science class asking the kid next to me “are my ears moving?”. So I got that going for, which is nice.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
Rage Against the Machine, but generally, settle for anything with a distorted guitar and yelling.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
Overall I enjoy a more active lifestyle. As I said in question 1, I had very bad lower back pain, most likely from being inactive and sitting at a computer 8+ hours a day.
The community has been great to push me in workouts where I feel like I would like to give up. Thinking about catching Yez on a run always keeps me going.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
Just keep moving, maybe a few expletives I will leave out!