It's really impressive to watch the tenacity of our February Athlete of the Month as she pushes through tough workouts! Learn more about Misty Eland:
When and where did you start Crossfitting? What made you want to start? I started here at CFA a little over a year ago. I walked in the door because I wanted the guys at work to stop calling me Princess and I used to work with Jenn- she gave me a sip of the Koolaid.
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD? I’m pretty sure my brain wasn’t functioning after the first WOD, but I do remember the crippling soreness I felt the next day.
3. What do you like most about Crossfit? That it meets me where I’m at and pushes me to go a little harder.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud? The weight on the barbell keeps going up, and I can actually string together DUBS.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite? Farmers carry is my true love. Least favorite- a few months ago I would have said burpees-but I can do them without swearing now. Still swearing at anything gymnastics.
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite? Fight Gone Bad and Grace are my favorites. Fran is just the worst.
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year? Short term goal is to start doing push-ups off my knees, I’m SO close. Long term- pull-ups.
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like? I have Type 1 Diabetes so I have to be conscientious everyday. Cheat days really aren’t worth the trouble for me.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA? Working as a Field Tech for Mosquito and Vector Control and raising two young boys to be brave and kind men.
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you? That I play flute and tuba, it’s a weird combination.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band? Johnny Cash. Dear Coaches, please stop changing to station when he comes on, it breaks my heart.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym? CFA peeps make me want to show up. Before CFA, i never loved going to the gym. Outside the gym- I’m kicking the rear ends out of those guys that call me Princess. I can’t even count how many cement septic tank lids or iron grates I’ve pulled up that they walked away from because it was too heavy. Feels pretty good.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA? As Dory would say (and I chant in my head) “Just keep swimming.”