Our February Athlete of the Month has a love for all things wine, and her husband, and cute little boy named Jack (her son). She has become very proficient over the years with her double unders and can frequently be seen on Sundays doing her favorite WOD, Annie. Please say hello to our February Athlete of the Month, Kaitlin Alayan.
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
It was Karen!!! I remember being very unsure about my ability to walk down a flight of stairs the next day.
3. What do you like most about Crossfit?
The varied workouts and accountability. I’d never, in a trillion bazillion years, push myself as hard in a regular gym all by myself than I do here.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud?
I guess doing a rope climb because I’m pretty wary of heights.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
Hm. It’s all so torturous, but I guess body weight movements are the least threatening to me.
Up until a few months ago I would have said thrusters and wall balls are the worst, but that darned bike is the devil’s work.
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
Favorite - Maybe Annie because it’s fast-ish and not awful. I also sort of “like” Jerry, perhaps for opposite reasons.
Least - Karen because it just feels like punishment.
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
String together some C2B. Become more efficient at movements I can already do.
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I think Michael Pollan said it best: “Eat food, mostly plants, not too much.” It probably doesn’t need to be more complicated than that, but I do kind of casually track macros to help with the “not too much” part.
That said, I’ve been known to devour family sized bags of chips in a matter of minutes. And I’d probably never refuse a mozzarella stick.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
With my little family mostly! Also working at the winery. But I love to cook, read, grow flowers, and get to a yoga class when I can!
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
Ummmmm....I had the largest head in my 8th grade class? I don’t know. I’m not very mysterious.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
When we moved here from Boston seven years ago, my biggest fear was leaving all our family and life long friends behind and not having a community. But by joining this gym we now have that in spades.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
Show up, try to give it everything you have on that day, and just keep moving. Eventually you’ll be a fitter you.