Wednesday Class Times: 5:30a, noon, 4:30p, 5:30p, 6:30p
A lot of people had their tender and beautiful hands damaged when doing Murph and there are a few ways to help mitigate that:
1. Try to chalk up a little less often. A few times may be fine but doing it too often creates increasing microscopic layers of chalk and sweat which can actually lead to increased risk for tears.
2. Don't grip the bar so tightly. Try and learn to let a little pressure off at certain times so the hands rotate around more freely and with less friction.
3. Wear gloves. I can't advise as to which are the best but you want the material to be relatively thin so you don't effectively increase the bar's diameter thus making it even harder to grip.
4. Try making gymnastics grips as demonstrated in the video below. The video shows how to make one and you can wear one on you ring finger and one on your middle finger if needed. Since they require quite a bit of tape, we ask that you please use your own and not the gym's communal tape. Rolls can be bought from many stores such as Sports Authority or online. You can now also buy pre made, more durable ones here. If you'd like help making them, please feel free to ask!
A) Couch stretch
B) 5 min AMRAP: strict pull-ups. Quality over quantity so chin over the bar and full lockout at the bottom.
C) 3 Rounds for time:
- 15 hang power cleans 135/95
- 15 burpees