Our November Athlete of the Month, Katy Grosskopf, has made very impressive changes in both her fitness level and body composition. Her hard work and consistent attendance has been paying off! She is extremely friendly but if you're not fortunate enough to get to know her during class time (she's at same class time every time), read below!
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
I was so nervous the first day I showed up, but afterwards I felt so proud of myself and super motivated. I was thinking wow, I really can do this.
3. What do you like most about Crossfit?
I love how I feel after I work out, it's exhilarating every time and I'm always proud of what I can do. I also love the comradery of this group.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud?
The first time I jumped on a box and cutting over a minute off my mile.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
I like cleans and dead lifts. Overhead squats are the worst.
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
I don't have a favorite yet. My least favorites involve burpees.
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
Double unders and kipping pullups are on my list.
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I try and avoid sugars and carbs as much as possible. Beer and pizza are my favorite cheat.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
With my family mostly. I love camping on the weekends during the summer and getting out on a hike or away to the coast when we can.
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
I'm a Massage Therapist. I'm not currently practicing much, but I studied in Portland and had a private practice there before moving here. I'd like to get back into in the future.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
There's too many to choose from! I like all sorts of music.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
I've become a much more confident person, accomplishing things I never thought I could. I really appreciate the support and encouragement from all of the coaches and CFA community.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
Just try it out. It may be hard to show up for that first class, but once you do it, you just might love it!