Our October Athlete of the Month has been here with us for years! He has made significant improvements in his fitness and continues to push himself and encourage others. He even has his own catchphrase: Halfway!! Mr Filipe Pinto:
1. When and where did you start Crossfitting? What made you want to start?
- I started at the end of 2012 at the original CFA location when my wife decided to sign me up without telling me. Then I got addicted and I love it.
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
- The only sport I played was soccer and I thought I was in shape until I got to my first real WOD and didn’t feel my legs because I forgot how to breathe.
3. What do you like most about Crossfit?
- The sense of community, it’s one hour in the day where I can be a teen again, carefree and invincible.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud?
- Crossfit has help me come out of my shell; I’m a pretty shy person.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
- My new favorites are the handstand walk and snatch (still need lots of practice); my least favorite are running and rowing.
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
- The OPEN 16.4/17.4 is my special WOD, my least favorite would be Michael
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
- Become proficient with stringing several ring muscle ups together
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
- My diet is eating whenever I have a chance. My dream cheat meal is a regular meal.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
- My wife makes sure I don’t get bored; she always comes up with new projects for the house.
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
- I’m Portuguese, not French! And my name is pronounced F-EE-L-EE-P
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
- Rui Veloso, Delfims, Santos e Pecadores.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
- I have friends now, I think.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
- If you think about it, just do it
- Don’t be afraid to fail, we are here to support you and you will be better for it
- Crossfit is for everyone, even for me