This month's Athlete of the Month is Jessica Clifton (the one on the left). She's one of Arise's coaches and has been a part of our gym community for a long time. She loves the barbell, and one day, she will love box jumps! Please say hi when you see her around the gym or around the town green as she loves to frequent there in the summer time!
2. Do you remember what you were thinking after your 1st WOD?
Nope not in good enough shape lol. I think the first WOD after my elements classes was with wallballs. Lisa was there I remember thinking I want to be like her when I grow up!
3. What do you like most about Crossfit? That it turns out I grew up to be just like me. I love that everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. We are not all created equal but there is something for everyone. I can do the things I love, work on the things I don’t, and cry with someone in all the things I hate.
4. What are some of your Crossfit accomplishments of which you're most proud? Finishing Murph Rx. It was a few days after my grandma passed away and I really wanted to do it for her. I think everyone remembers their first pull-up too.
5. What is your favorite lift/movement? Least favorite?
That’s easy. The SNATCH. Least favorite is harder so many to choose from. Probably box jumps or dubs. I actually think I would like them if I wasn’t so bad at them.
6. Do you have a favorite WOD? Least Favorite?
Isabel non-rx or Nancy rx. Least Fav. Sorry but.. Karen
7. Do you have any Crossfit goals for this year?
I’d love to improve my snatch and PR that. It’s been a long time.
8. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen? If so what does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
Yes and no, it’s hard to maintain a strict regimen when your surrounded by great food and wine. Cheat day, Eggs Benedict for breakfast made with regular bacon, a really good deli sandwich for lunch with chips, dinner would be a ribeye with a loaded baked potato and a salad. Dessert a warm berry crisp with vanilla ice cream.
9. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFA?
Usually at work or with my friends just hanging out.
10. What is one fact that other CFA members may not know about you?
I was raised by a hippie teenage mom and lived on a bus for a little bit. I think everyone knows I’m a Labor and Delivery nurse by day.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
I don’t really have one. I love music so I like a lot.
12. What impact has CFA and the CFA community had on your life, in and out of the gym?
That’s a tough question, CFA has changed my life. It goes way beyond the strength and fitness I have found. It pushes me, it challenges me, it humbles me, it makes me feel strong, empowered and proud.
The CFA community have become my family. I love seeing people become the best version of themselves.
13. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions for folks just getting started at CFA?
Stick with it or anything that challenges you beyond what you think you can do. You’re body is an amazing thing it will take you places you didn’t think you were capable of going.